If you liked our Easy Broccoli Soup With Nutmeg recipe. Today I am sharing with you another fruit dessert recipe which is easy to make and loved by everyone.
- 4 cups Blueberries
- 4 cups Strawberries cut into eighths
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- ¼ cup and 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 packs pound cake of Angel Food Cake
- 2 cups Cream
- ½ cup toasted sliced Almonds
Ingredients for Pudding:
- 2 cups Milk
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Vanilla Pod
- 1 tablespoon Butter
Procedure for Pudding:
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat milk and vanilla pod until bubbles form at edges. In a bowl, combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Pour into hot milk, a little at a time, stirring to dissolve. Continue to cook and stir until mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat, stir in butter and discard vanilla pod.
- Pour into shallow pan and cool in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Place the strawberries and blueberries separately into two large bowls. Sprinkle each bowl equally with half the sugar and half the juice of one lemon. Mix and let set aside for at least 10 minutes.
- In a clean bowl, whip 2 cups cream with 2 tablespoons sugar to medium/firm peaks, and set aside.
- To assemble the trifle, spoon a layer of the vanilla pudding into a large glass bowl. Add a layer of pound cake, breaking the slices into pieces that fit. Then spoon the cake with a layer of strawberries and their juices. Repeat and make 3 to 4 more layers alternating berries. Top with a layer of whipped cream and toasted almonds. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Prep time 15 minutes and assembly time 5 minutes