Today, I will share a recipe with you from our breakfast menu. The recipe is very simple but healthy enough to give you enough energy to start your day well.
- 2 thin slices of Prosciutto
- 1 English Muffin
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 large Egg
- Sea Salt and Black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Pesto
- 1 Slice of Gouda Cheese
- Split and toast an English muffin and place sliced Prosciutto on the top of the bottom half of the muffin.
- In a small nonstick skillet over low heat, melt the butter and crack the egg into the pan and cook over low heat until the whites are settled but yolk is still runny three to four minutes.
- When the white part looks soft, gently put the butter in the pan and cook the yolk for 2 minutes.
- This will help cook the egg from top to bottom and keep the yolk silky but warm. Season with sea salt and black pepper, and transfer egg to prepared English muffin.
- Spoon Pesto over the egg and top with a slice of Gouda cheese. Top sandwich with remaining muffin half and serve.
If you have any doubts regarding this recipe feel free to contact us here.